Effective from 24 January 2019
We are committed to the protection of personal information and meeting the standards set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
By using Mackay Funding Finder (the site), interacting with us or otherwise providing personal information to us, you agree to be bound by the terms set out in this policy.
Any terms that are defined in bold font in the Mackay Funding Finder Terms, but are not defined in this policy, are given the meaning set out in the site Terms.
2.Why we collect personal information
Generally we collect personal information to provide you with products and services and to manage our relationship with you. We also collect personal information for marketing purposes and to provide you with information about events, grants, products and services (both ours and those of other organisations and agencies) that may be of interest to you, to improve the site and to run various promotions and activities relating to the site.
3.Kinds of personal information we collect and hold
We may collect various types of personal information including (but not limited to) your name, address, email, phone number, age, payment details, gender, interests or other information relevant to the site.
4.How we collect personal information
We normally collect personal information directly from you when you use the site or interact with us, for example when you:
- call us;
- subscribe to the site;
- configure and use the site;
- send us an email, including via our websites;
- post an entry on our websites or social media assets;
- purchase products from us using a credit cards or otherwise; or
- attend an event or activity that we have organised, sponsored or otherwise been involved with.
We will not collect any personal information about you without your consent. By accessing and using the site, our websites, registering for the site, interacting with us or otherwise providing your personal information to us, you are deemed to have given your consent.
5.Collection from third parties
We may also obtain details about you from marketing databases or other sources that are publicly available such as websites, journals, directories and phone books. We will only collect information about you from third parties in rare circumstances, for example where one of your friends indicates to us that one of our services or products may be of interest to you. If we do collect personal information in this manner, we will endeavour to make you aware of who we are, the fact and manner of collection of this information and this policy. We will ask the third party to tell you that they have provided us with your personal information and direct you to a copy of this policy.
By giving your personal information to us you consent to us using your personal information in the following ways and for the following purposes:
- to provide you with the site and our other products or services;
- to manage our relationship with you;
- to allow the relevant site Partner to contact you, arrange for your Subscription, manage your account and carry out other lawful activities relating to the site;
- to facilitate the running of and your participation in events, competitions and activities relating to the site;
- to monitor activity on the site and on our websites and social media assets;
- to administer and enforce the site Terms;
- for internal administrative purposes, such as procedural assessments, compliance, risk management, staff training, accounting, billing, product and service reviews;
- to identify and inform you about other products or services that may be of interest to you;
- to market, improve and add to our products and services including the site, our websites and our social media assets;
- where there is a serious threat to an individual’s life or to public health or safety;
- where there is reason to suspect unlawful activity has been engaged in;
- where required or authorised by law; or
- where required by an enforcement body.
If you provide us with your mobile telephone number, email address, or other contact method that is capable of receiving messages, you authorise us to send you promotional messages related the site and other products and services that we promote. These messages will be accompanied by a functional unsubscribe facility.
If you do not wish to receive marketing or other communications from us, please contact us using the details below so that we can update your preferences.
We may disclose personal information across our related bodies corporate in accordance with this policy. We may also provide personal information to:
- site Partners for the purpose of marketing, reselling and managing your the site Membership (and related activities);
- third parties engaged by us to perform functions for us such as storing and managing databases, processing credit card information, mail outs, debt collection, marketing research and advertising; and
- third parties that you have authorised to receive personal information held by us.
These third parties do not have permission to use, sell or transfer personal information in any way except as expressly permitted under this policy.
We may also disclose personal information to unrelated third parties (for example, our professional advisers and government authorities or agencies) where that disclosure is reasonably required by law or to obtain advice, prepare legal proceedings, investigate suspected improper conduct or wrong doing, or otherwise assist a lawful authority in the discharge of its duties.
Where we hold promotions in conjunction with other organisations and agencies, we will offer you the opportunity to be contacted by those entities. We will not provide your personal information to those entities unless you have opted in to having such personal information passed on.
To better protect your privacy, we impose strict requirements of security and confidentiality on all third parties as to how they handle your personal information. Despite this, we cannot be held responsible for any misuse or unauthorised disclosure of your personal information by these third parties.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If your personal information is incorrect or changes, please contact us using the details below so that we can update your personal information and continue providing you with the site.
Your personal information is stored in a number of secure computer storage facilities, on paper files, and in other records. We have taken precautions to ensure that your personal information is protected from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Once we no longer need your personal information, we take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify your personal information.
If you have any questions whatsoever on our handling of your personal information, or the kind of personal information we hold about you, please contact us using the details below and we’ll try to assist you with your request.
12.Access and correction
You normally have the right to access your personal information and we will provide you with a copy of any personal information we hold on request. The APPs set out some circumstances in which we aren’t required to provide you with such access. If you ask for your personal information and any of these circumstances apply, we may (if reasonable), give you access to the personal information in a way that meets our needs and yours, or give you access through a mutually agreed intermediary.
We may charge a fee for retrieving personal information, in which case we’ll tell you the fee (which won’t be excessive) before providing the information.
13.Identifiers and anonymity
As required by the APPs, we do not collect or use Commonwealth government identifiers when interacting with you.
Where practicable, we will permit you to deal with us on an anonymous basis or by using a pseudonym. In some instances, because of the services we provide, if you don’t provide us with your personal information we may not be able to provide you with the requested product or service (for example, if we require your details to activate your site Memberhsip or contact you in relation to the site).
14.Transferring information overseas
We aren’t likely to disclose your personal information to overseas recipients except for personnel at our overseas offices. In any case, we won’t send your personal information outside of Australia unless we obtain agreement from the recipient to protect your information in accordance with Australian privacy laws and to abide by the terms of this policy.
Sensitive information has the meaning given in to that term in the Privacy Act (and includes for example, information about your race, political opinions, religious beliefs, health information etc.). We don’t normally ask for sensitive information, but may do so occasionally -for example, as part of a promotion or survey if it is reasonably necessary for, or directly related to the site. We won’t require you to provide sensitive information unless:
- you have consented to providing the information (and consent is deemed when you submit the information to us); or
- collection of the information is specifically authorised or required by law.
16.Feedback and complaints
If you have feedback or a complaint regarding our collection and handling of your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer using the details provided below. Our Privacy Officer will review and respond to all complaints received.
If you have any queries about this policy, please contact our Privacy Officer by using our online contact form and selecting “Privacy Officer” as the type of enquiry. Alternatively, you can write to the Mackay Funding Finder Privacy Officer, c/- Grant Ready Pty Ltd, PO Box 297, Surrey Hills VIC 3127, Australia or call +61 3 9853 9853.